There is a need for high-level marketing that is cost-effective, allowing you to control the day-to-day execution of marketing and business development efforts. And to do it cost-effectively.
Small and medium-sized organizations and solos need to have access to the high-level marketing advice, direction and implementation of major businesses. Consensus Marketing was started to provide just that. Focused on providing the tactics and resources you need to succeed in business development, marketing and branding.
Leading Consensus Marketing
Deborah Todd, CEO
Ms. Todd has over 25 years experience in building and implementing strategic marketing and business development programs and initiatives for services industries. Prior to starting Consensus Marketing, she served as head of marketing over a 13 year period for Balch & Bingham, Baker Donelson Bearman & Caldwell, and Gardere Wynne Sewell, building and managing high‐level, results‐oriented marketing and business development programs. Before entering law firm marketing she was the Consumer Loan Product Manager and head of marketing for the National Lending Division of BBVA Compass.
She was selected for Compass Bank's Management Training Program and was awarded and completed a marketing internship with General Electric's Mobile Communications Headquarters. She received her MBA from the University of Memphis in 2000 and a B.A. in Psychology with a Minor in Econ‐Business in 1987 from Randolph‐Macon Woman's College in Lynchburg, Virginia.
Professional Services Firm Marketing Background
An early stage innovator in marketing services and products for the legal and accounting industries, she has been responsible for the creation and development of several first to market concepts and products that make marketing success and marketing management easier and more streamlined, allowing professionals to reap more success. In addition, another focus has been capturing the unique brand and positioning opportunities for firms, allowing them to really stand out in their key markets and industries. Here are a few highlights during her tenure as head of marketing for three major firms:
- - Achieved annual 7% increase in new clients ‐ 30% annual increase in proposals for new business
- - Developed several "first ever" brand strategies and regional campaigns for several firms
- - Created one of the first automated proposal / web systems for the legal industry in 1997
- - Launched and managed tech and telecom sector initiatives
- - 64% increase in premium PR hits over a 2 year period
- - Secured major national writing awards
- - Launched / managed rollout of media and promotions surrounding two major mergers
- - Reengineered marketing functions, processes, systems and materials in each firm
- - Instituted extensive data collection for firm, practice area / service lines and regional markets
- - Coordinated planning, key client analyses, client retention surveys and market research
- - Instituted client team and prospect team programs and processes, along with cross‐selling programs
- - Instituted extensive training and business development programs
Since 2004, the core focus has been work with the small and medium‐sized law and accounting firms and businesses. Here are a few highlights:
- - Implementing data collection on firm successes and expertise
- - Firm marketing and service line planning
- - Client retention, survey and interview programs
- - Client loyalty initiatives
- - Reengineering practices for professionals during tough economic times
- - Implementing polished materials
- - Launching 100, 50 and 25 year anniversary and branding programs
- - Industry‐specific branding initiatives
- - State of the art referral programs
- - Initiated joint marketing efforts for firms and their top referral sources
- - Training programs with homework and practice assignments
In 2011, officially launched MyFirmMarketing.com, the first do‐it‐yourself, affordable and constantly updated marketing resource for professionals.
In 2013, launched the first marketing app for attorneys and accountants, MyFirmMarketing ‐ marketing on the go for professionals ‐ available on The App Store and Google Play.
"I am proud to have introduced Consensus Marketing to our firm and I give them my highest recommendation. Since 2004, Deborah has been a trusted firm and personal advisor, providing insightful and strategic marketing advice and direction through many market challenges. Whether your business is large or small, you get much more than you pay for.”
Jonathan Spigel, J.D., Shareholder and Practice Development Committee member, Cowles & Thompson.
“... is smart and creative, and really GETS marketing and business development, whether the firm is big or small. I'm very pleased with our work together so far on branding. Their design eye and skills for logos and materials is sharp and content writing and editing very helpful.”
Stewart Hirsch, J.D., National Consultant, Principal, Strategic Relationships.
"Our firm hired Consensus Marketing in 2006 to assist us with our marketing strategies and processes. Since then, they have consistently applied expert knowledge and creativity to the unique needs of our firm. A common sense, results-oriented approach, and level of creativity that we could not have attained on our own.”
Mitchell Perry, CPA, Shareholder, Fox, Byrd & Company; Past-Chair Dallas Society of CPAs.
"Deborah has brilliant marketing advice for professionals, and it was a great pleasure to work with her at Gardere Wynne Sewell. It was clear to me that Deborah has the knack of knowing how to promote professionals.”
Peter Vogel, Partner, Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP.
"Exceptional leadership around translating strategic vision into action. Deborah provide me with a great understanding of law practice goals, creating extensive marketing plans, and measuring success around marketing campaigns.”
Zack Perry, Business Principal, FedEx Innovation. Former Team Member from Baker Donelson.
"I have known Deborah for over 15 years. She is a very insightful marketer with ability to implement practical programs.”
Susan Raridon Lambreth, Principal, LawVision Group.